Nevada UAS Test Site Flight Operations and Technical Manager is part of the air operations team responsible for the day-to-day running of the FAA-designated Nevada UAS Test Site flight operations center, command and control node, and field operations under the supervision of the Director of the Nevada UAS Test Site. An important and sometimes demanding role, the Flight Operations and Technical Manager provides a service which is vital to the safe, orderly, and expeditious operation of the Nevada UAS Test Site and the growth of the Nevada UAS Industry. This leader helps to make sure the right UAS crew, training range, and resources are applied across Nevada and beyond at the right place and time. He/she must also see to it that all flights comply with the FAA rules, regulations, and standards.
Highlights of Qualifications Minimum:
• Must possess a strong understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) and Code of Federal Regulation (CFRs) UAS safety standards and safe operating practices.
• Must possess a strong knowledge of FAA airspace development and flight operations policies and procedures – previous UAS Certificate of Authorization (COA) application experience is a plus.
• Required to hold a FAA commercial (sport or private) or military aviator/pilot’s license.
• Must have flown a manned aircraft within the past 8-10 years in the National Airspace System.
• Previous flight operations experience as manager or higher position.
• General knowledge of the FAA’s Safety Management System (SMS).
• Exceptional knowledge of FAA small and large UAS procedures.
• Ability to work in flexible atmospheres with a high level of motivation and team spirit.
• Thoroughly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook mail.
• Ability to work independently in stressed or chaotic conditions.
Not Required, but Preferred Qualification:
• Former military instructor pilot (IP), maintenance test pilot (MTP), or Safety Course Certification is a plus.
• Participated in past airworthiness flight certification review process or have a strong knowledge of the process.
• Solid leadership experience in the Commercial or Military UAS Industry.
• Former military with any observer controller (OC) trainer certification/experience.
• Prior military UAS, electronic warfare, airspace, ATC, Range Control, Flight Operations, or Director of Flight Operations experience a plus.
• Former military Predator or Reaper UAS Pilot is desired.
Submit your Resume to NIAS for future consideration.